counter stats Viral X – Page 939 – open Dazem

Viral X

Major update on probe into ‘murdered’ Scots businessman as suspects appear in court

THE investigation into the death of a Scots businessman is complete, a Kenyan court was told.

Officials and cops have finished their probe into what happened to tragic Campbell Scott, 58.

Three men at a bar, one is drinking from a glass.
Facebook
Campbell Scott died after visiting Nairobi for work[/caption]
Two murder suspects in court.
AP
Alex Mutua Kithuka, left, and Albunus Mutinda Nzioki have been held by cops for the past three weeks[/caption]
Photo of Campbell Scott, a murdered Scottish businessman.
Linkedin
Campbell’s body was found dumped in a remote forest after he vanished[/caption]

Two suspects, Alex Mutua Kithuka and Albunus Mutinda Nzioki, have been held for the past three weeks and grilled by officers.

But prosecutors still have to make a decision on what happens to them next.

Uzalendo News reported: “Chief Magistrate Lucas Onyina heard that the investigation file was forwarded to the Director of Public Prosecutions on Friday 21, March 2025 for perusal and directions.

“However, the DPP has not yet issued the directions on the way forward and whether to charge the suspects, who have been in police cells for the last 21 days, with murder or not.”

Campbell, originally from Dunfermline, Fife, vanished after he visited Kenyan capital Nairobi for a work conference.

His body was eventually found dumped in a pineapple sack in a remote forest and his legs and hands were bound with rope.

Kithuka and Nzioki are accused of luring him to a house in the dangerous Pipeline estate.

Investigators believe Campbell, a director with credit scoring firm FICO was slaughtered there before his body was moved and dumped.

It’s alleged the pair stole £12,000 from his bank accounts before they were eventually tracked down in Mombasa, about 300 miles from Nairobi.

Cops claimed Kithuka had cleared out his home in Pipeline before they got there.

Another court hearing is set to take place on Tuesday to decide what happens to the two accused.

Detectives launched an appeal to track down three other men who they believe were involved in the plot to rob and kill Campbell.

Officers announced they were searching for Bernard Mbunga Mbusu, Samuel Musembi Kamitu, and Alphonse Munyao Kilewa.

The trio are understood to be members of a gang who trap and blackmail tourists.

But earlier this month Samuel Musembi was found dead. It was claimed he committed suicide and stabbed himself as well as taking poision. HIs funeral took place over the weekend.

Shocked pals of Campbell’s have paid tribute to him over the past few weeks.

Friend Jason Benterman said: “My heart is broken beyond belief.

“What a truly funny, warm, kind crazy bugger you were. Gone far too soon.

Wayne Ferguson said: “I seriously can’t put into words how devastated I am.”

Read More »

Tina O’Brien keeps her wedding finger hidden as she’s spotted for the first time amid marriage problems

TINA O’Brien has kept her wedding finger hidden as she was spotted for the first time amid her marriage problems. 

The actress, 41, who has played Sarah Platt on the ITV soap for 26 years, was seen without her diamond engagement ring on a night out recently. 

Woman walking a small dog.
Eamonn and James Clarke
Tina O’Brien has kept her wedding finger hidden as she was spotted for the first time amid her marriage problems[/caption]
Selfie of a couple embracing.
Instagram/tinaob83
Tina has been married to businessman hubby Adam Crofts for nearly seven years[/caption]
Woman wearing sunglasses and a green cardigan carrying a bag and holding a dog leash.
Eamonn and James Clarke
Tina opted for a sage cardigan and jeans for her stroll, and popped on some sunglasses[/caption]

And now, spotted again, the Corrie star kept her ring finger under wraps while out walking her dog. 

Tina opted for a sage cardigan and jeans for her stroll, and popped on some sunglasses. 

The star looked chic as she strolled, with her bag over her shoulder and her hair up. 

Tina was having a coffee in Cheshire, before driving off to Manchester on Monday afternoon. 

Tina has been married to businessman hubby Adam Crofts for nearly seven years.

Tina, who has a ten-year-old son with Adam, posted pictures of herself in a red dress while out with pals in Manchester on Friday.

She has also unfollowed Adam, 39, on Instagram.

Last month, Tina went to Barbados without him — taking her 16-year-old daughter she shares with former Corrie co-star Ryan Thomas, 40.

A source said: “The couple moved house at Christmas and it was a stressful time.

“They have been on separate holidays and it cemented for them that they want to be on their own.

“Everyone is hoping they can work it out but it’s not looking likely.”

Tina and Adam started dating in 2011 when her daughter, who was a toddler at the time, wandered over to his table in a cafe.

Tina said: “She goes, ‘Hello man’. I thought, ‘He’s quite fit’, and we got talking.”

They married in 2018 on New Year’s Eve.

At the time she said: “It’s amazing to finally be husband and wife.

“I didn’t take it lightly, committing to being with somebody for the rest of my life.”

It comes after Adam’s fitness clothing firm Prevayl went bust last year with £6million debts.

Last year, The Sun reported Tina had been involved in a street brawl with teenage girls — where she put a girl in a headlock and had her hair pulled.

Police were understood to have concluded she was acting in self-defence.

A spokeswoman for Tina declined to comment.

Tina O'Brien and Adam Croft holding hands.
Splash
Tina and Adam started dating in 2011 when her daughter, who was a toddler at the time, wandered over to his table in a cafe[/caption]
Tina O'Brien at the 28th National Television Awards.
Last year, The Sun reported Tina had been involved in a street brawl with teenage girls
Rex
Still image of Ryan Thomas and Tina O'Brien announcing their engagement.
Tina with her ex Ryan Thomas
Collect

Read More »