counter stats Viral X – Page 909 – open Dazem

Viral X

Are Channing Tatum and Inka Williams Dating?

Well, well, well, what do we have here? Channing Tatum, Hollywood’s favorite dance-floor heartthrob turned moody mystery man, is back in the headlines, and no, it’s not because of another Magic Mike sequel (though we’d never say no to that). This time, it’s his love life that’s doing the cha-cha. After his quiet split from […]

This post belongs to FandomWire and first appeared on FandomWire

Read More »

Major Olympic event set to take place in water infested with CROCODILES to save millions of pounds

A CROCODILE-infested river will host rowing events at the 2032 Olympic and Paralympic Games in Brisbane, according to reports.

The Fitzroy River in Rockhampton, Queensland – which is known to host giant saltwater crocs – is set to be named as the host of rowing this week.

Freshwater crocodile basking on a rock.
Alamy
A crocodile-inhabited river is reportedly set to host rowing events at the 2032 Olympic and Paralympic Games in Brisbane[/caption]
Saltwater crocodile in murky water.
Alamy
Saltwater crocodiles are regularly spotted in the Fitzroy river[/caption]
Great Britain's cox celebrating a gold medal win in men's eight rowing finals at the Paris 2024 Olympics.
Getty
The Australian team endured a nightmare rowing week at Paris 2024[/caption]
Fitzroy Bridge spanning the Fitzroy River.
Getty
Local rowers do not think crocodiles will pose a problem during the Games[/caption]

Organisers will unveil the final infrastructure blueprint on Tuesday, according to Sky News.

Rockhampton’s Fitzroy River, which is 630km north of Brisbane, is a regular sight for crocs, with rangers trapping a four-metre crocodile lurking upstream just two years ago.

Earlier this year, a croc made headlines after being spotted cruising along the Fitzroy with a large black dog in its mouth, according to The Mail.

Liberal politicians and business leaders have argued using the river for the Games would save the state “millions of dollars”.

In January, Nationals Queensland Senator Matt Canavan said: “We believe that moving the rowing and canoeing to an existing facility in the centre of Rockhampton can save probably up to $100 million.”

Advocates have said any crocodiles in the river would need to be rehomed first.

It’s understood that by hosting rowing there, the event won’t have to be shifted to facilities in Penrith, New South Wales.

Rowing Queensland and Rowing Australia have reportedly sent a letter to the local government asking to keep the sport in the state for the Games.

CASINO SPECIAL – BEST CASINO BONUSES FROM £10 DEPOSITS

President of Fitzroy Rowing Club Sarah Black believes the river could host Olympic rowing events safely, despite the croc risk.

She said: “The Fitzroy is a natural habitat for crocodiles, we’re well aware of that.

“Some of the reports in the media have been sensationalised, with comments around it being crocodile infested.

“We certainly have regular liaisons with our department of environment here. Their officers go out and do regular surveys.

“It is risk managed and something our sport does quite well.”

The Fitzroy will have to meet World Rowing’s strict rules – and the presence of saltwater crocodiles, along with some other technical issues, could pose a problem.

The river has hosted training camps for the Australian rowing team, which won only ONE medal at Paris 2024 – bronze in the women’s coxless pair.

The plan which is still subject to cabinet approval will be presented to the Liberal National Party of Queensland frontbench on Monday.

In July 2021 the International Olympic Committee Members voted to elect Brisbane as the host of the 2032 Games.

It will be the third time Australia has hosted the summer Olympics, including Melbourne in 1956 and Sydney in 2000.

Large dead crocodile on a trailer.
AFP or licensors
Rangers trapped a four-metre crocodile lurking upstream in the Fitzroy a few years ago[/caption]

Read More »

Ex-Rangers supremo Sir David Murray to lift lid on life at Ibrox helm in ‘untold story’

FORMER Rangers supremo Sir David Murray will lift the lid on his time at Ibrox in a brand new autobiography.

The 73-year-old businessman’s memoirs, ‘Mettle,’ will be released this summer.

David Murray at a press conference.
Kenny Ramsay - The Sun Glasgow
Sir David Murray was at the Rangers helm for two decades[/caption]
Sean Connery and David Murray at a sporting event.
Alamy
Murray with Sean Connery (left) at a match[/caption]
Paul Gascoigne flanked by Glasgow Rangers manager and chairman at a press conference.
Getty
Murray (left) was in charge when several huge stars joined Rangers, including Paul Gascoigne (centre)[/caption]

The title is a play on words in relation to his company, Murray International Metals, that he’d already formed by the time he was in his early 20s.

But it’s his time in charge of Rangers for which he is of course most remembered.

Murray bought the club in 1988 in a £6million deal and remained at the top of the club’s tree for the majority of the next two decades.

Rangers dominated Scottish football during the 1990s with Murray at the helm during the nine-in-a-row title success.

He was also involved in discussions for Rangers to LEAVE Scottish football, something that obviously ultimately failed to materialise.

Murray also had ambitions to make the club a force in Europe, which led to an increase in spending on the player front during Dick Advocaat‘s time in charge and debts mounted.

He would admit mistakes had been made and conceded the club had spent too much money.

Murray eventually sold Rangers to Craig Whyte in 2011, with the latter subsequently overseeing a complete financial meltdown at Ibrox.

Murray’s book, which will come out in July, will see him look back at his time in charge of Rangers and beyond.

It will see him discuss the horror car crash that saw him lose both of his legs aged just 24.

Murray will also provide his own personal insight on his days at Ibrox alongside greats such as Graeme Souness, Walter Smith and more.

It’ll also delve into the sale of the club and plans to take Rangers into English football.

The book’s synopsis reads: “Sir David Murray’s life story is a truly remarkable tale of never-say-die triumph over unimaginable adversity.

“For 50 years he has been a towering figure in Scottish business, sport and philanthropy. His family name is synonymous with steel but his rise to power owes as much to mettle as it does to metal.

“At the age of 24 he was involved in a horrific car crash in which he lost both of his legs. As his life hung in the balance, his days in hospital, drifting in and out of consciousness, were nightmare moments but ones that would define him.

“And in the aftermath, when he finally pulled through, he had stark choices to make.

“‘I could fight or I could give up,’ he said. ‘Turn left or turn right.’ David Murray almost always chose wisely and has never once shied away from big decisions.

“This is a man who thrived on the big stage, as the owner of Rangers Football Club during an unprecedented era of success. He won nine league titles in a row, oversaw some memorable European campaigns, all while rubbing shoulders with the likes of Paul Gascoigne, Graeme Souness and Sir Sean Connery.

“He led the talks on the Old Firm clubs joining the English football pyramid, while his sale of the club to Craig Whyte set off a chain of events that eventually saw the club liquidated.

“Now, for the first time, and in his own words, he is offering a deeply personal insight into his extraordinary life and how he courageously recovered from his accident and then went on to become such a successful entrepreneur.

“He also gives us his thoughts on the Old Firm rivalry, explains why Celtic Park wasn’t the most hostile ground in Scotland for Rangers to visit… and describes how he beat world champion Stephen Hendry at snooker!”

Keep up to date with ALL the latest news and transfers at the Scottish Sun football page

Read More »

Love Island All Star appears to confirm split with villa hunk after weeks of breakup rumours

LOVE Island Kaz Crossley appeared to confirm her split from Montel McKenzie with a telling clue.

The pair have dropped hints that they have called time on their romance just weeks after leaving the villa as an item.

Woman in a purple dress at a UFC event.
Instagram
Kaz Crossley shared some happy moments from the last few months[/caption]
Kaz and Montel from Love Island All Stars.
ITV
Montel McKenzie was not included in her latest post[/caption]
Photo of a man and woman posing together.
Instagram
Kaz captioned it ‘when you start loving yourself, life starts loving you too’[/caption]

In Kaz’s latest post, she gave fans an update on her life lately, but failed to mention love interest Montel.

Despite them hitting it off in the villa, they have remained quiet about their relationship on social media, fueling speculation that they’ve gone their separate ways.

Her post showed the highlights from the last few months.

It includes snaps from her trip to Thailand, her kickboxing training sessions and glamorous nights out.

But Montel was unsurprisingly nowhere to be seen.

In a further hint, Kaz captioned it: “When you start loving yourself, life starts loving you too.”

Earlier this month, Kaz took to social media to share a clip of her training in Pattaya in Thailand.

She wrote alongside a photo of a boxing ring: “Woke up at Vemum Training Camp, so excited to train her over the next few days.”

Kaz returned to social media last month with kickboxing content, while Montel regularly posts football updates.

But it hasn’t gone unnoticed that the pair haven’t posted together in weeks.

The pair were brutally dumped during the Vibe Club but vowed to give their romance a go on the outside.

Four Love Island contestants standing by a pool.
Rex
Kaz and Montel vowed to give their romance a go on the outside[/caption]

Read More »

‘Irish storm in a teacup’ – RTE star Donal Skehan shares honest opinion on Eurovision spat with 90s star

RTE star Donal Skehan has weighed in on his Eurovision spat with 90s pop star Samantha Mumba.

The Irish chef was a part of the judging panel at this year’s Eurosong contest alongside Arthur Gourounlian, Laura Fox and last year’s Eurovision entry, Bambie Thug.

Arthur Gourounlian, Laura Fox, Donal Skehan, and Bambie Thug on the Late Late Eurosong Special.
Donal Skehan was a judge at this year’s Eurosong contest
Man in striped shirt holding a bowl of food.
Donal and his fellow judges ended up in an online spat with a Eurosong contestant
RTE
Samantha Mumba, Eurovision hopeful, in a promotional photo.
Eurosong contestant and 90s singer Samantha Mumba posted a rant about the judges’ lack of qualification

After pop star Samantha Mumba lost out on the chance to represent Ireland at May’s Eurovision she hit out at the judging panel.

The Gotta Tell You hitmaker had claimed the panel weren’t “factually qualified for the job”.

She later referred to the panel as “bozos”, prompting Donal to post a picture of himself labelled “bozo”.

Samantha ended her Insta rage with a rude jibe, using the aubergine emoji.

She said: “My parting gift to them is a bag of [aubergine emoji] to slowly choke on. (Would have said this in person but they all left the green room before I had the opportunity to) Unsurprisingly.” 

One month on from the online controversy, Donal has shared his honest opinion on the situation.

The dad-of-two told the RTE Guide: “Look I was asked to do a job, I’m a huge Eurovision fan and anyone who follows me will know, that not only was I an entrant with the band I was in but I’m frequently at the Eurovision.

“It’s a really heightened competition and I understand the hurt that comes from it, so I really do feel for anyone who didn’t win.”

The popular presenter admitted that the Eurosong spat “took on a life of its own at the time.”

He joked: “It was a truly Irish storm in a teacup.”

At the time of the drama, eagle-eyed fans spotted the “brilliant” hit back move Donal made at Samantha.

Donal hilariously changed his Instagram name to include the aubergine emoji, which Samantha had used in her rant.

The 38-year-old also shared some aubergine recipes on his Instagram Stories with one of Sweden‘s Eurovision hopefuls Klara Hammarström’s song, On and On and On, in the background.

CHEEKY RESPONSE

He said: “Now back to our regular content! Discover the delicious versatility of aubergines!! Tap on for some mouthwatering recipes to keep you going!”

And fans were left in stitches at the latest jab as one TikTok user, Holli, shared a screenshot of Donal’s page and said: “I need someone to tell me if Donal Skehan has always had Donal and the aubergine in his bio or if this is a response to Samantha Mumba too.”

Another user replied: “I can confirm that the Donal […] in his bio is new!”

Holli added: “Hahaha he’s been good with the responses in fairness, sharing loads of aubergine recipes today.”

Read More »

“It’s a rare instance of it being better than the book”: House of the Dragon Did One Scene Even Better Than How George R.R. Martin Wrote It in the Books

In most cases, books are better than screen adaptations because it’s a medium with a slower pace, hence their capacity to provide a nuanced approach to characters and their storylines. Quite rare are the instances where the shows or films did better than the source material, but it’s not a completely impossible occurrence. House of […]

This post belongs to FandomWire and first appeared on FandomWire

Read More »

New NVIDIA Tech Can Replace WB’s Coveted Nemesis System They Greedily Put Under Lock and Key Till 2036

Nvidia has been on a roll lately, introducing new tech which, coupled with certain software allows for some truly exceptional results. One such software would be Dynamo, an AI-powered operating interface that could very well transform how games interact with players in general. While multi-faceted, Dynamo could very well evolve to be an AI swiss […]

This post belongs to FandomWire and first appeared on FandomWire

Read More »