Chad Stahelski Should Postpone John Wick 5 For Blade
I’m Disappointed Jason Statham’s New Action Movie Fails To Recreate The Best Parts Of His $162 Million Hit
‘Another Sauchiehall Street’, Glasgow locals concerned over current state of George Square revamp
GLASGOW residents have raised concerns over the current state of the George Square redevelopment – which they fear could turn out to be ‘another Sauchiehall Street’.
We told how revamp work on the iconic landmark got underway in January, with billboards outlining the council’s plans appearing at the site.



But at the Merchant City and Trongate Community Council (MCTCC) meeting on Tuesday, locals raised concerns over project could end up if work is delayed.
Speaking at the meeting, one resident said the current state of George Square is “very disappointing” during the city’s 850th anniversary year, the Glasgow Times reports.
They also said they feared the revamp works could end up like Sauchiehall Street.
In recent years, Sauchiehall Street has been plagued by an exodus of big-name stores, including M&S, Deichmann, BHS, Watt Brothers, and Holland & Barrett.
Plans for a £5.6million revamp of the decaying high street have also been rocked by a series of setbacks.
Upgrading works were due to be completed by Christmas but Glasgow City Council later said it wouldn’t be finished until this month.
In January, it emerged Sauchiehall Street had been tipped to be named Scotland’s ugliest place at the Carbuncle Awards, which names and shames the country’s biggest eyesores.
And it has recently emerged that a multi-million-pound drainage upgrade on the street is now a haven for disease-ridden rats.
A programme for the George Square project was published on Glasgow City Council’s website in June.
It states that between January and March this year, 11 bronze statues will be removed and transported to a storage facility before being restored.
But the statues still remain in place at the square.
Councillor Angus Millar said communication is expected in the coming weeks on when the hoardings will go up around the square and work will begin.
He also stated that the expected end date of the project has not been pushed back and it remains on schedule to reopen in autumn 2026.
A spokesperson for Glasgow City Council told the Glasgow Times: “It is expected that the award for the George Square hoarding contract will be made imminently, and work on that part of the project will begin in the coming weeks.”


Proposals for George Square include a water feature, a raised lawn, sheltered seating and feature lighting as well as play areas for children.
A section of the square was laid with sand in January while several fences were erected.
A walkway was created to allow members of the public to enter and exit the area.
The streets around George Square will also be redesigned.
The eastern end of Argyle Street will be reconfigured.
The redesign coincides with the local authority’s controversial £115million Avenues project.
It aims to create a network of new and accessible routes throughout the city centre.

Sean Kingston breaks down in tears in court as he & mom found guilty in $1m wire fraud case facing decades in prison
SEAN Kingston has sobbed in court as he and his mom were found guilty in a $1million fraud case that could land them behind bars for decades.
The “Beautiful Girls” singer broke down with clasped hands as a jury in Fort Lauderdale federal court convicted him and his mother Janice Turner of all five charges related to a massive wire fraud scam.



According to local outlets, the rapper begged officials as US Marshals took Turner into custody, crying: “Protect my mother.”
The duo were found guilty of swindling more than $1million from car dealerships, banks, jewelers, and even a mattress company using fake documents to score luxury goods, including a bulletproof Escalade and a colossal TV.
Turner, 62, was dubbed the “fixer and nerve center” of the scheme by the judge.
She was ordered to be held in Broward County Jail after being deemed a flight risk.
The court heard Turner had previous form, serving 18 months behind bars after stealing more than $160,000 in a 2006 bank fraud case.
Meanwhile, Kingston, 35, was placed under house arrest with strict bond conditions, including a $200,000 surety in cash and putting up a relative’s $500,000 home.
More to follow… For the latest news on this story, keep checking back at The U.S. Sun, your go-to destination for the best celebrity news, sports news, real-life stories, jaw-dropping pictures, and must-see videos.
Like us on Facebook at TheSunUS and follow us on X at @TheUSSun
Irish skygazers witness deepest solar eclipse in TEN years as nearly half of sun goes dark in rare phenomenon
THOUSANDS of Irish astronomy lovers witnessed an amazing lunar phenomenon as the moon covered almost HALF of the sun this morning.
The deepest solar eclipse in Ireland in the last ten years happened at around 11am.



Despite the gloomy and cloudy weather conditions, some lucky people across the country caught glimpses of the phenomenon.
Thousands of people noticed the daytime getting darker between 10am and 11am as the moon passed the sun.
They took to social media to share their experience, with some people reporting that the sky appeared blueish for them while others couldn’t see it due to the cloudy conditions.
A group of people gathered at the “Eclipse Watch” event at Astronomy Ireland’s headquarters in Blanchardstown, Dublin.
They were given special solar eclipse glasses and equipment to view the solar eclipse safely.
Special telescopes were used at the event, where people could observe the solar eclipse in full view, showing the whole event in detail.
It was revealed that there will be a 90 per cent eclipse in Ireland in two years, and the next total solar eclipse will occur in 2090, 65 years from now.
The Irish Astronomical Association stated that the magnitude of the event was to be most significant on the western tip of Achill Island in County Mayo, reaching up to 56.6 per cent.
However, that is not the only lunar event to occur as there is a fantastic meteor shower that is set to illuminate the Irish skies in a couple of weeks.
LYRID METEOR SHOWER
The Lyrid Meteor Shower is set to illuminate the skies on April 22-23.
Earlier this week, Alan Fitzsimmons, Professor at the Astrophysics Research Centre at Queen’s University Belfast, revealed how people should prepare for upcoming lunar events to the Irish Sun.
Alan said: “It’s a trail of material left behind by a comet. When these particles enter our atmosphere, they burn up as shooting stars, and we see the meteor shower.
“Now that’s a particularly good night to see but you do have to stay up a little later.”
Between midnight and 3am is the best time to spot this shower.
The astronomer told how the interest in astro activity is growing among the public.
He said: “People are more aware that they can see things for themselves.”
“They don’t just watch it on a screen, although they may find out about it that way.
“It’s great to experience it yourself, particularly if you have children. You can take them somewhere and show them something for themselves.
“That’s something they will remember for a long time.”
DARK SKY WEEK
Stargazers may be lucky enough to catch some of the action during Dark Sky Week approaching this April 21 – 28.
Alan said: “During Dark Sky Week, that’s when the moon will be in the morning sky not in the evening sky.
“If you go out in the evening to look, you will be able to see the Milky Way rising in the east plus some of the winter constellations.”
He explained that Jupiter will be “shining as a bright star” in the west after sunset and to its left will be the “dimmer red planet Mars”.
The Perseid meteor shower will take place on the night of August 12.


Rumor: New Leak Shows Off Respawn’s Star Wars Game
Amazon’s Fallout Show Looks Even More Impressive Now After Disappointing New $320M Sci-Fi Movie
Tommy Fury is all smiles as he reunites with Molly-Mae Hague and baby daughter Bambi after family holiday
TOMMY Fury was beaming in new snaps while reuniting with his ex Molly-Mae Hague and baby daughter Bambi after their recent family holiday.
The former Love Island stars headed on a romantic getaway to Dubai with daughter Bambi earlier this month, with them arriving back in Manchester last weekend, and now seen in public together yet again.






The couple split up last summer due to Tommy’s “problem with drinking”.
But for months now, the pair have been embroiled in rumours that they could be rekindling their romance.
After sharing a New Year’s Eve kiss, the pair then headed off on a loved-up trip for Valentine’s Day last month.
Following their recent family holiday to Dubai, the pair have reunited again.
The pair were seen meeting up on Saturday as they handed over their daughter Bambi.
Tommy had a big smile on his face, and could be seen beaming from ear to ear.
Molly was joined by her mum ahead of Mother’s Day.
For a brief moment, Tommy and Molly stopped and chatted.
Molly stood with her back to the camera as Tommy’s face could be seen over her shoulder.
Tommy was smiling widely as he chatted with Molly.
Molly could be seen wearing a khaki green bomber jacket with black trousers and some black and white sneakers.
The blonde beauty ditched makeup for the occasion and wore her locks in an up-do with a claw clip holding everything in place.
Meanwhile, Tommy could be seen wearing some grey shorts and a black sweatshirt.
He also rocked some white Nike socks and a pair of trainers.
Molly-Mae Hague and Tommy Fury - Reunion Clues

MOLLY-Mae Hague and Tommy Fury are on holiday in Dubai after splitting in August. Yet have they dropped clues about their reunion before?
Molly-Mae Hague and Tommy Fury appear to have confirmed their romance is back on with a joint holiday to Dubai.
Yet in January, the rumour mill had already started turning on their reunion after pics of Molly-Mae’s NYE snog with the boxer resurfaced
In February, Tommy, 25, then gushed how “life has been looking up” after the pair’s romantic getaway for Valentine’s Day.
The Sun exclusively revealed how the pair were spotted “canoodling” on their cute getaway.
During the same month, Tommy was also spotted leaving Molly-Mae’s Molly Maison home in his G Wagon in the early hours.
Fans then spotted clues the pair had spent another romantic weekend together earlier this spring.
Molly-Mae was also heard discussing having a second baby on her vlog, in yet another potential sign they are giving their romance another go.
Molly and Tommy will be making a joint announcement about their reunion on their social media following the penultimate episodes of Molly’s Amazon Prime documentary.
The announcement is poised to be unveiled in the spring, which “leads nicely” into news the couple are giving it another go.
A source told The Sun: “Molly-Mae and Tommy are planning on making an announcement about them being back together pretty soon.
“It’s a social media post they have planned for after the documentary comes out – and the ending of the documentary leads nicely into the post.
“It will be a joint Instagram post – and unlike the last one where Molly announced the breakup, it will very much be a united front.”
An insider confirmed that the pair have “filmed together” for the upcoming episodes of her documentary, Molly-Mae: Behind It All, which will land on the streaming service in a couple of weeks.
The source added how they have been “spending a lot of time together” lately.

