counter stats Viral X – Page 54 – open Dazem

Viral X

Brad Marchand drops truth bomb after strong Panthers debut

Brad Marchand made his Florida Panthers debut on Friday night and made an immediate impact, setting up Sam Bennett’s overtime game-winning goal in a 2-1 triumph over the Utah Hockey Club at Amerant Bank Arena. “It was still different today,” Marchand told reporters afterwards, including NHL.com’s George Richards. “Every day that goes by, I feel […]

The post Brad Marchand drops truth bomb after strong Panthers debut appeared first on ClutchPoints.

Read More »

NFL rumors: Why Steelers are OK with waiting on Aaron Rodgers’ free agency decision

As Aaron Rodgers visited the Pittsburgh Steelers for a potential deal on his next professional relationship, it seems as if the star quarterback is weighing his options. Though it was reported that the Steelers were kept in the dark by Rodgers, it still is leaning that the team will remain patient on hearing back. The […]

The post NFL rumors: Why Steelers are OK with waiting on Aaron Rodgers’ free agency decision appeared first on ClutchPoints.

Read More »

Auburn basketball trio makes March Madness history with monster games vs. Michigan

Auburn basketball picked up a 78-65 win over Michigan basketball on Friday night that was a testament to their bevy of scoring options. National Player of the Year candidate Johni Broome, Denver Jones, and Tahaad Pettiford led the onslaught for Auburn, and in the process, they became the first trio to score 20-plus points in […]

The post Auburn basketball trio makes March Madness history with monster games vs. Michigan appeared first on ClutchPoints.

Read More »

‘He paid for it’ – Marseille boss De Zerbi reveals why he controversially dropped top-scorer Mason Greenwood

ROBERTO DE ZERBI has revealed why he dropped Mason Greenwood from Marseille’s starting XI.

The disgraced former Manchester United winger has been the Ligue 1 side’s star performer so far this season, scoring 15 goals in 26 appearances.

Mason Greenwood celebrating a goal.
AFP
Mason Greenwood has been one of Marseille’s star performers this season[/caption]
Dejected Marseille soccer players after a penalty shootout.
GETTY
But the winger has made to make do with sub appearances against Lens and PSG[/caption]
Roberto De Zerbi, coach of Olympique de Marseille, coaching during a soccer match.
GETTY
Marseille boss Roberto De Zerbi has rubbished claims that Greenwood was demoted because of his work rate[/caption]

Greenwood, for much of the campaign, was one of the first names on the teamsheet.

But he’s had to make do with substitute appearances from the bench in Marseille’s recent clashes with Les and Paris Saint-German.

It was recently claimed that the 23-year-old’s work rate was the reason for De Zerbi demoting him to the bench.

But former Brighton boss De Zerbi insists that couldn’t be any further from the truth.

The Italian said: “We need to clarify the Mason Greenwood case a little.

“Because you journalists are always in a position to change things a little, to create some scoops.

“Because you have to do what all journalists do a little bit, which is to make a little bit of chaos.

JOIN SUN VEGAS: GET £50 BONUS

Mason Greenwood of Marseille celebrating.
REX
Mason Greenwood has ten goals and six assists to his name this season[/caption]

“‘He’s had a bit of a tough time lately because he had a daughter who was born, and I don’t think he’s used to playing such an intense season and being a main player.

“I think he paid for it physically.

“That is to say that he didn’t push himself and wasn’t 100 percent as I wanted in training, in terms of what I expect from a player like him.

“His physical condition has declined a little, but my project in Marseille is not only to qualify for the Champions League, it is also to create something like what Luis Enrique has created (at PSG).

“He has created a team, a group of strong players, but with a soul.”

Greenwood’s promising Manchester United came to a screeching halt in January 2022 when he was arressted on suspiscion of attempted rape, assault and controlling and coercive control – which he was later charged with.

The Crown Prosecution Service dropped the charges following the “withdrawal of key witnesses and new material coming to light.”

Greenwood returned to action last season with La Liga side Getafe, whom he scored ten goals and racked up six assists for.

He officially left Manchester United last summer, joining Marseille for a fee in the region of £26million.

Read More »

“Arguably one of the worst in manga”: I Love One Piece but Unless Oda Fully Describes Haki It Will Be His Worst Mistake That Doomed the Story

Haki is one of the most mysterious power systems in One Piece, and I still don’t get how it’s supposed to work. While legendary figures like Silvers Rayleigh and Red-Haired Shanks have perfect control over it, some characters who should have Haki don’t have it at all, or others have a weak form of it. […]

This post belongs to FandomWire and first appeared on FandomWire

Read More »

Tanaiste pledges €6m in humanitarian aid after Myanmar’s devastating earthquake as death tolls climbs over 1k people

IRELAND has pledged €6million to help people in earthquake-ravaged Myanmar.

Thousands are feared dead after a disastrous 7.7 magnitude quake rocked Myanmar and neighbouring Thailand.

Aftermath of an earthquake in Mandalay, Myanmar; rubble from a collapsed building and people near the site.
Myanmar suffered a devastating earthquake yesterday
AP:Associated Press
Damaged buildings in Mandalay, Myanmar, following a powerful earthquake.
Thousands are feared to be dead as more than 1,000 people have been killed
EPA
Rescuers searching for survivors in the rubble of a damaged building after an earthquake in Myanmar.
Myanmar rescuers searching for survivors of the earthquake beneath a damaged building
AP:Associated Press

Rescuers are scrambling to reach survivors after the seismic disaster downed buildings and bridges.

More than 1,000 people have been killed in worst-hit Myanmar, with the death toll expected to rise even further.

Tanaiste Simon Harris this afternoon announced Ireland will provide an initial €6 million in humanitarian assistance to the long troubled Asian country which was already in the grip of a bloody civil war.

Some €3million will support the work of the International Federation of the Red Cross and Myanmar Red Cross Society.

Another €1.5million is going to the Myanmar Humanitarian Fund managed by the Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs, who support national organisations in humanitarian action across Myanmar.

Meanwhile, €1.5million has been given to the UN Refugee Agency Joint Response Plan responding to the urgent needs of displaced Rohingya people.

Announcing the funding, Tanaiste and Minister for Foreign Affairs and Trade Harris said: “My thoughts are with all those who have lost loved ones, the injured and the emergency responders.

“The destruction will place extraordinary pressure on many people already experiencing humanitarian need.

Ireland stands in solidarity with the people of Myanmar and will provide immediate emergency humanitarian assistance.

“Funding from Ireland will support a locally led response and provide assistance to those most impacted by this disaster.”

IRELAND’S AID FOR MOST AFFECTED PEOPLE

Minister of State with responsibility for International Development and Diaspora Neale Richmond spoke of his horror at the shocking images emerging from Myanmar.

Richmond said: “Ireland’s support will target people most affected by the earthquake.

“Emergency response teams from the Myanmar Red Cross have responded immediately to provide urgent care for people injured or looking for missing loved ones.

“Teams continue to assess the impact on people caught up in the earthquake.

“Ireland’s support will make a real and meaningful difference to people affected by this devastating disaster.”

Officials told how the new €6 million pot is in addition to the €2.4 million already provided to the IFRC by Ireland this year, which allows the Federation to respond immediately when a disaster strikes.

A Government official said: “Ireland is also the 9th largest donor to the UN Central Emergency Response Fund, the world’s largest humanitarian fund, which has already provided €5million to the crisis.

“The EU has also provided €2.5million to the earthquake response in Myanmar.”

Earthquake damage to pagodas in Naypyidaw, Myanmar.
The disastrous 7.7 magnitude quake also rocked Thailand
EPA
Collapsed commercial building in Naypyitaw after an earthquake.
Simon Harris announced €6million humanitarian aid for the devastated country
Reuters
Debris and a collapsed building in Mandalay, Myanmar, after a strong earthquake.
The EU has also provided €2.5million to the earthquake response fund
Reuters

Read More »