counter stats Viral X – Page 43 – open Dazem

Viral X

Rays’ 20-home run slugger provides pivotal injury update

The Tampa Bay Rays announced on Saturday that outfielder Josh Lowe was placed on the 10-day injured list with an oblique strain. Lowe later revealed that he suffered a Grade 2 oblique strain. There is currently no injury timeline for his return. “It is a little worse than what happened last year,” Lowe said Saturday, […]

The post Rays’ 20-home run slugger provides pivotal injury update appeared first on ClutchPoints.

Read More »

Blues sign 2022 1st-rounder to 3-year entry-level contract

The St. Louis Blues have been one of the hottest teams in the National Hockey League over the last few weeks, racking off eight consecutive wins since March 15. And they could be getting even better for the stretch run after locking up NCAA stand out Jimmy Snuggerud on Friday. “St. Louis Blues President of […]

The post Blues sign 2022 1st-rounder to 3-year entry-level contract appeared first on ClutchPoints.

Read More »

‘Football is stained by this’ – James Rodriguez furious as his team kicked out of Club World Cup for rule breach

REAL MADRID flop James Rodriguez lashed out at Fifa after his current club was kicked out of the Club World Cup over a technicality.

Rodriguez, 33, plays for Mexican outfit Leon, who qualified for this summer’s competition and landed in Group D with Chelsea, Flamengo and Esperance de Tunis.

James Rodríguez of Colombia during a World Cup qualifier.
Getty
James Rodriguez lashed out at Fifa after his current club Leon was kicked out of the Club World Cup[/caption]
James Rodriguez of Colombia reacting during a soccer match.
Reuters
Rodriguez described the decision as a ‘grave injustice’ and claimed football will be ‘stained’[/caption]

According to The Mail, however, the Liga MX giants were removed from the Club World Cup due to a breach of Fifa’s regulations regarding multi-club ownership.

Leon and Mexican rivals Pachuca are both owned by Grupo Pachuca, and thus their participation was challenged.

Rodriguez’s side will be replaced by Costa Rican outfit Alajuelense, while Pachuca will remain in the competition.

The Colombia international, though, is very frustrated with that decision, which he described as a “grave injustice”.

The former Everton ace also stated that Leon’s replacements Alajuelence as well as football as a whole will be “stained”.

Rodriguez said: “I think it’s a grave injustice. We all believe that. We won on the pitch.

“The club and the players are hurt by this. Thinking about this, if we’re out, it’s not fair.

“The team that would replace us would be stained, football would be stained.

“So many fans have planned to travel to the tournament, how do you tell them that they can’t go? I have a lot of questions about all this. It’s odd.

“I think Fifa has to get their things together. Football is stained by this.”

Rodriguez joined Leon in January and one of the key motivations behind his move was to play in the Club World Cup.

But the playmaker, who is on a one-year contract, stated that he is “happy” with his current team and suggested he wishes to stay regardless.

Rodriguez added: “I’m happy to be here. Whether or not we play in the Club World Cup does not change the fact that I want to stay here.

“This is something new for me. I never qualified for a Club World Cup, and weeks before they tell you that you are out. I hope Fifa can do something.”

Leon share Rodriguez’s anger and addressed their elimination with a stern statement.

It read: “Club Leon expresses its disagreement with the decision made by FIFA, which could exclude us from the next Club World Cup.

More criticism piles up

“In recent months, we have presented each piece of evidence and documents confirming that Club Leon operates autonomously in all economic, administrative, and sporting aspects.

“Should Club Leon be prevented from participating in the 2025 Club World Cup with the same rights with which it earned a place on the pitch, we will pursue the matter to the fullest extent possible in the highest sporting courts.”

The restructured Club World Cup competition has attracted immense criticism from players, pundits and fans for several reasons.

One of them was the fact that it will take place this summer after a busy season and could lead to exhaustion for a raft of players.

The competition also came under fire when Inter Miami qualified despite not winning the MLS, with many claiming it was down to Fifa attempting to get Lionel Messi in the revamped tournament.

The world governing body’s president Gianni Infantino pointed to Miami winning the Supporters Shield, awarded to the American club who perform the best over the regular season, as the reason for their qualification.

Read More »

Pensioner, 70s, tragically dies after van he was driving crashes in Donegal as urgent witness appeal made by gardai

A PENSIONER has died after a horror single-vehicle crash in Donegal this afternoon.

The man, aged in his 70s, sadly lost his life after crashing the van he was driving.

The fatal road accident occurred at approximately 1pm on the R245 at Carrigart, Co Donegal.

Gardai and emergency services raced to the scene after the alarm was raised.

Upon arrival at the scene, they discovered the van driver deceased.

His body was removed to the mortuary at Letterkenny University Hospital, where a post-mortem examination will take place in due course.

No other injuries were reported in the accident.

The road remains closed to allow for a technical examination by Garda Forensic Collision Investigators.

Local diversions are in place.

Gardai are now appealing for any witnesses to this incident to come forward.

A spokesperson said: “Gardai are appealing for witnesses following a fatal single-vehicle road traffic incident that occurred on the R245 at Carrigart, Co Donegal, today, Saturday 29 March 2025.

“Gardai and emergency services attended the scene of the incident, involving a van, which occurred at approximately 1pm.

“The male driver of the van (aged in his 70s) was pronounced deceased at the scene.

“His body has since been removed to the mortuary at Letterkenny University Hospital, where a post-mortem examination will take place in due course.

“No other injuries were reported.

“The road is closed for a technical examination by Garda Forensic Collision Investigators, with local diversions in place.

APPEAL

“Gardai are appealing for any witnesses to this incident to come forward.

“Any road users who may have camera footage (including dashcam) and were travelling in the area between 12.10pm and 1.10pm are asked to make this footage available to investigating Gardaí.

“Anyone with any information is asked to contact Milford Garda Station on (074) 915 3060, the Garda Confidential Line on 1800 666 111, or any Garda Station.”

Side view of a Garda Síochána (Irish police) car.
A pensioner has died after the a single-vehicle crash in Donegal
Getty Images - Getty

Read More »

“You guys talked me into coming back”: Vince McMahon Robbed Us One of the Best Undertaker Fights That John Cena Could Have Prevented

The Undertaker has delivered some of the most exciting matches ever seen in the WWE. However, fans were deprived of what might have been an unforgettable WrestleMania showdown. The Undertaker was prepared to take on John Cena in a WrestleMania 34 squash match that promised to be an epic showdown, but turned into a disappointment […]

This post belongs to FandomWire and first appeared on FandomWire

Read More »