free webpage hit counter

Floyd Schofield out to make it up to his son for cancelling Disneyland trip after mysteriously pulling out of last fight


FLOYD SCHOFIELD is out to make it up to his little boy after cancelling a trip to Disneyland after the mysterious collapse of his last fight.

Schofield was due to challenge for Shakur Stevenson’s WBC lightweight world title in Saudi Arabia in February.

A father kissing his baby on the cheek.
INSTAGRAM @kid_austin1

Floyd Schofield with his son[/caption]

Person sleeping in a hospital bed.
Twitter

Schofield mysteriously pulled out of his fight in February against Shakur Stevenson[/caption]

But the unbeaten American pulled out on the week of the bout – citing illness which left him hospitalised.

His dad and trainer even went as far as to sensationally claim his son had been POISONED – as he shared images of the boxer bed-bound.

Schofield later returned home to the US and had to break the news to his baby son that their celebratory trip to Disneyland had been KOd.

He said: “Actually, when I first got back from Saudi, I would say it was a little sad because I was a new dad, I couldn’t be around my son for like three months.

“I gave my son a promise, after I get the green belt, we’ll go to Disney, so I didn’t really get to fulfil that.

“So seeing him come back and I had nothing to show for it that like put me in a very bad depressed state.

“I wasn’t one to believe in depression really but actually going through it is a real thing.

“I’m just glad I have my dad, my fiancee, my son and they got me back to where I was supposed to be.”

Jake Paul vs Julio Cesar Chavez Jr

JAKE PAUL’S controversial boxing career rolls on this weekend with the Problem Child facing boxing royalty in Anaheim, California.

Paul will face Julio Cesar Chavez Jr, a highly-decorated former world middleweight champion.

The Mexican, 39, has fought just once in the last four years but has the best boxing resume of any fighter to step into a ring with Paul – bar Mike Tyson, who was aged 58 at the time they fought.

Watch Jake Paul vs Julio Cesar Chavez Jr LIVE on DAZN PPV

INFO

  • Everything you need to know about Paul vs Chavez Jr

LATEST NEWS & FEATURES

CASINO SPECIAL – BEST CASINO BONUSES FROM £10 DEPOSITS

Schofield, 22, now returns on Saturday against ex-featherweight champ Tevin Farmer, 34, on the Jake Paul vs Julio Cesar Chavez Jr undercard.

And he plans to finally take his nine-month old son away after the fight – this time on a European getaway.


He said: “I wanna take them somewhere that other kids have not been able to go somewhere like Greece or somewhere that a nine month old don’t go, so something nice.”

Schofield was pulled out of his bout against Stevenson, 27, by the British Boxing Board of Control – who oversaw the event – after a health check.

His dad’s allegations of poisoning were never proven and Schofield never explained his mystery illness – and it looks as though he never will.

He said: “I just want to leave stuff in the past. Whatever happened, happened. I’m not trying to get into that.

“I’m just looking forward and if me and Shakur are going to run it in the future, so be it. But right now I’ve just got to look at Tevin Farmer.”

Schofield confirmed his health woes are past him – even managing to find light of the situation with sceptical fans online.

He said: “Yeah, I’m good. I have been trolling people in the comments. They’re like, ‘Hopefully he shows up.’ I’m like, ‘I might, I’ll think about it.’”

Two shirtless boxers in a boxing gym.
Former sparring partners Stevenson and Schofield has their fight cancelled
Boxer Tevin Farmer at a media workout.
Getty

Tevin Farmer now fights Schofield[/caption]

About admin